Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Woes

Well another Christmas Day has come and gone. I spent mine alone for the most part as hubby had to work his normal 12 hour shift and the only son left at home worked 12 hours last night and spent his holiday sleeping. I am sick - whether flu or a severe sinus infection I don’t know yet. I already have an appointment for Wednesday so I will wait till then to find out. My nose is draining down my throat making me cough, my ears are hurting and ringing and my balance is iffy at best. I feel like crap. Spent most of the day on the couch wrapped in a blanket and shivering. All in all, not a very good holiday to be sure.
Lana is better I think. Yesterday I made stew from the turkey remains and took her a pint. She called and told me she ate it all. Today she called and asked if I had any more. My reply was yes, but I wasn’t bringing it - if she wanted it, she’d have to come get it - which she did. She has apologized profusely about being the cause of us missing our Christmas Eve ritual. I keep telling her it’s not about the day of the month we meet, it’s about the love and caring when we finally get together that matters. Folks can’t help getting sick after all.
I was reading Tina’s blog about her Christmas morning aftermath and have to say that I have noticed that since my children are grown, I miss the hustle and bustle of preparing for big morning when the kids find what Santa left under the tree. I miss the chaos, the laughter and excited squeals as they locate gift after gift they had asked for. It isn’t the same when the kids are grown. The excitement level is less, the anticipation is gone. Grandkids help some, but it is definitely different than your own children.
Merry Christmas and Happy 52 Anniversary Mom and Dad, where ever you are. We love you and miss you today and every day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I woke up Christmas morning with Britt's nose about 1 inch away from mine. She is 11 but still squeals when she opens up a present that she was hoping for. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Hope you don't have what Lana had. We'll get together when we can, Lana knows it's not her fault, she's just can't help feeling guilty. Feel better soon

Unknown said...

Got you a referr thingy added on your sidebar so you can see who visits. Just click on the name to go to their website.

Love, Sis

Anonymous said...

Another clue Lowe's is the good one::::Katrina cottage plans.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&Ntt=plans&Ntk=i_products&category=Katrina%20Cottage%20Plans&N=0+5002245

In this era of preditory developers building massive new homes (ie SUVs) it is quite refreshing to see Lowe's promote modest single family structures.
Looking in Denver these are the kinds of homes I am looking at. To move into a brand new structure would be key, especially in Denver:::::Full insulation, no dreaded leakage leading to high heating bills. No ghosts and no history.
As with all things::::Redwhite&blue IS BAD FOR YOU!!!! Much like some Walmarts, some Lowe's stores are redwhite&blue color scheme:::Assume its a clue that these towns are disfavored and it would be wise to GET THE FUCK OUT!!!
Bet that Oldsmobile was the only good American auto manufacturer left and now they're gone.

The 80s era of M&A and integration with/controlling interest by evil entities has eliminated good from the marketplace.
In this era of Manifest Destiny positioning the gods have the preditory disfavored steal from the good disfavored::::
1. Microsoft stole Windows from Apple Computer/SteveJobs/Wozniac
2. Alexander Graham Bell stole the telephone from Elisha Grey
3. Waffle House's business model was stolen by many entities who copied the style and stole market share. HOLDING BACK THE COFFEE IS A TACTIC THE GODS USE TO SEND THE DISFAVORED ELSEWHERE and a clue they are good::::Coffee is bad for you.
4.
5.

499.
500.