Monday, October 17, 2005

Re - Rooted and Lovin It

I am turnin over a new leaf yall. I am goin back in time to my country roots, dang it! I have decided that the government is takin control of my life and I ain't standin for it no more. Gas prices are outrageous, it costs more for my ole man to drive to work than he makes. You can almost eat out at a fast food place for what it costs you to cook a decent meal every night. Heck, you can't even die without it costing a fortune. I, for one, am fed up to the back teeth with the government bleeding us dry.

I grew up with homemade clothes and hand-me-downs. We lived well in those days. Now it seems if you don't have a certain name brand of jeans or type of tennis shoe you are trash. We grew all our own vegetables and most of the meat we ate, canning and freezing all summer to provide for the winter. Now a can of beans can cost as much as a dollar! And some weeks hot dogs and mac and cheese are gourmet fare. Sheesh!

Next year, I will have a garden and grow my own food. I am determined to become more self-reliant and less dependant on the government to decide if I can afford hamburger or steak this month. I don't have a lot of use for fancy anything, be it clothes or shoes. Barefoot is fine and old sweats work great for what my life is day to day.

My son gave me an early Christmas present.............a baby jackass. So cute....for now. I aim to buy me a few chickens and a couple of goats. Farmer Donna will be back in business this time next year. Maybe even a calf or two. Who knows where I will go.

Feels nice to be back. Sis has been riding me to start this up again so here I am Vicki. Not a funny from long ago, but oh well. I WILL be back with more. This is fun again, for now anyway. Bye yall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it is nice to have you back. I had not checked on you in a long time. I know you have a million stories in you. Looking forward to each and every one.

Aunt Pat

Unknown said...

It's about time! I can't wait to watch you try to train that Jackass! I remember you trying to ride Thunder LOL. Just remember we ain't teenagers and don't try to do too much at once. Be sure and keep a record of all of it here so you can look back in your old age and laugh at yourself.